Quick reaction time is one of the most important skills needed to be a good handball player. As the ball moves fast and there is input from players of two teams, it is imperative for players to react to any situation that arises in the game in a matter of milliseconds.
This blog covers some of the best techniques and trainings plan handball that can drastically improve your reaction time.
For this reaction time training, you need to do the following:
- Designate a light pod as the home base pod and place it in the center.
- Surround the home base pod with five more light pods in a way that there is a distance of 3 meters between them.
- To start, tap the home base pod.
- Now run to the pod that turns on and tap it.
- Run back to the central pod, tap it, and move to the pod that lights up.
- Repeat this for 30 seconds and do six sets a day.
It is another great drill for handball players to improve their agility and reaction time. Here’s how to do it:
- Form a square with four light pods, placing them four meters from each other.
- Stand at the center of the square to start.
- Configure the pods to light up in a random manner after you touch the first one.
- Sprint to the pod that lights up, keep doing this for 30 seconds, and be inside the square while you are doing it.
- Doing six such sets of 30 seconds every day will give you promising results.
It will take time
Like getting better at any other sport, improving your reaction time in handball will take time. All you need to do is to keep doing the drills as much as you can on a regular basis. You will see significant improvements in your game with every passing day.